Faulty wiring in your Northern Ireland home is nothing to ignore. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), home fires involving electrical failure or malfunction caused an estimated $1.3 billion in direct property damage per year, 2012-2016. Undoubtedly, these fires can be prevented by spotting the warning signs early and getting a professional out to fix these issues. Take a look below at what signs to look out for:
Circuit breaker trips
Firstly, home circuit breakers trip from time to time, they are designed to do this when the board gets overloaded. However, if it is a frequent occurrence, it could be a sign of a more serious problem with the wiring in your home.
Problems with your lights
Occasionally, lights tend to flicker, dim or make a buzzing sound when switched on. This is a sure sign of damaged or outdated wiring.
Frayed or chewed wires serve as a significant shock or fire hazard in your home. This may be caused by any pets in the home, rodents or amateur electricians from previous jobs. Many people ignore these wires, believing they will not cause any issues. Be sure to check any wires you use frequently for signs of damage.
Discolouration, scorching or smoke
Generally, If you notice any discolouration or scorching on your outlets, there is definitely damage to your wiring. This is due to the damaged wiring releasing heat and is already damaging the home.
Furthermore, If you can smell any type of burning from the outlets in your home, then faulty wiring is already damaging your home. Turn the outlet off and contact a qualified electrician immediately to fix the problem.
ABC ELECTRICAL NI CAN HELP WITH ANY FAULTY WIRING PROBLEMS YOU MAY FACE IN YOUR NORTHERN IRELAND HOME
Finally, If you are experiencing any of the above problems, do not hesitate to contact us immediately. We recommend that you discuss any issues with a professional, qualified electrician to ensure the problem is rectified in a safe and secure manner.